We both love fried rice, but we both hate eggs. I don’t know how many folks know this, but every Asian restaurant in Tacoma includes eggs in their fried rice. Fortunately, my husband does a fabulous rendition of fried rice. Therefore, it’s time for a guest post from The Hubby!
- 2 cups rice
- 2 Tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 cups frozen stir-fry vegetables
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2-3 Tablespoons hoisin sauce
- Cook rice in rice cooker, following manufacturer’s instructions (or cook it on a stovetop, however you would normally cook white rice)
- Once rice is done, heat oil in large frying pan over high heat until shimmering.
- Carefully add frozen vegetables (the oil will splash when the ice hits it) and sauté until they begin to thaw.
- Add steamed rice and both sauces. Stir periodically until cooked through.
I ALWAYS love Hubby’s rice, and tonight was no different! Sometimes he gets these awesome crunchy bits to it, but he said tonight that he doesn’t think our current stove gets hot enough for that. I know that crunchy rice sounds weird, but it adds a great texture when some of the rice has been browned to a crisp finish. Let us know what you think!